What I Wore Wednesday

11.19.2014




Look #1: Working with Neutrals
Sometimes a good statement sweater is all you need! I love this Banana Republic sweater I picked up last fall because not only does it incorporate stripes (one of my favorite patterns!) but it also adds flare with the sequins. It’s a great holiday sweater of mine and I was excited to wear it this week.

My NY&Co necklace has soft pinks and golden tones so it was a perfect match for my neutral outfit.

I topped off my look with a darker neutral for pants and wore my leopard flats.

Get the look:

What I Wore #3

Look #2: Maroon & Neutrals
This is THE color of fall this year so don’t be surprised to see this shade all over the place.

For this look I paired my maroon skinny jeans with neutrals on top. I know you can’t see in the photo but both my blouse and cardigan are both sleeveless, which is perfect for this CA weather. Opt for longer sleeves if you'd prefer and, of course, depending on where you’re wearing this outfit to.


Jeans (similar) | Blouse | Cardigan Vest
Necklace | Flats



Another style trend this year is the ankle bootie! I want so badly to get my hands on a pair since I’ve seen them styled in every which way possible and they’re super adorable. Mad envy goes out to all my ladies who own a pair!


Below you will find how you can get my similar look. Pair your maroon skinnies with flats like me or opt for the bootie! Accessorize with gold and other shades of neutral to finish your look.
What I Wore #2

Look #3: Preppy
This was a fun look to put together. I saw a trick that I wanted to try out and I found that it really works. Have you heard? Have you been like me where you want to do the layered sweater over a button-down look but it ends up looking poofy and unflattering? Well, the trick is to first put on your button-down then wear a cami overtop! It sounds silly but it slims your waist and when you put your sweater on it clings to it and thus giving you a natural un-poofy look :)


Get the Look:
What I Wore #4


Look #4: Pinspiration Weekend!
Check out my blog post here to read about this look and link up your blog!

Hope you can find some inspiration from this weeks wardrobe! Be sure to link up below!

pleated poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment