Date Nights are extremely important in our family - especially before the chaos of raising children in the future. Making the time to spend with your spouse can get pretty difficult with work, school, children (for those who have them), etc., and life just somehow seems to get in the way. I mean, one minute it’s Monday then before you know it a month has passed. Slowing down to appreciate one another and spend quality ‘alone’ time with each other as adults is fundamental in any relationship.
With that being said, the holidays provide many opportunities to grow in our relationships and they’re just, as simply put, fun. I’ve made a list and wanted to share some of the date night ideas Philip and I have come up with to do this holiday season and I hope you can find some fun ideas to share with your family. What makes it even more special is that this is our first, yes first, Christmas as a married couple. Eeek!
Here’s our top 20 date night ideas:
- Go ice skating together
- Fondue for two
- Visit a gallery or museum together
- Get a picture with Santa
- Each year make or buy a new Christmas ornament together. Write the year on the back and hang on your tree. Watch your family collection grow!
- Write love letters to each other and seal them in an envelope. Put under the tree and open them on Christmas morning.
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Make and decorate sugar cookies or cake pops
- Snuggle up and watch a Christmas movie each night until the 25th
- Host an ugly sweater party
- Make hot cocoa/eggnog from scratch
- Cook a new holiday recipe together (or take a cooking class)
- Make your own christmas ornaments (I used to do this as a kid growing up)
- Select your tree and decorate it while watching your favorite holiday movie or listen to your favorite holiday songs
- Try a new Living Social or Groupon deal
- Go wine tasting!
- Read The Book of Questions (we were hooked!)
- Make your own holiday cards and send them out to friends and family
- Participate in local holiday drives such as Operation Christmas Child, donate winter clothing, or food to shelters.
- Drive around at night looking at Christmas decorations together.
There are literally thousands of different ideas to get you and your spouse in the holiday spirit all-the-while spending time enjoying each other. Keep your list of date nights handy and always add to them!
What date nights do you have with your love? Comment below :)