Greek Yogurt Ranch Veggie Dip

1.16.2015

via
I love dips and sauces. Give me something whether it be meat or vegetables and I want to dip them in something savory and delicious. I love creamy based dressings and dips but they’re heavy on the calories and fat. No bueno for my waistline. So, within the last few years I’ve successfully switched over to vinaigrettes and I love them. This lead me on the path to find the perfect substitution for ranch dip for snacking with my raw veggies and I found the perfect recipe!

Gimme Some Oven has the easiest ranch dip recipe that incorporates greek yogurt and fresh spices instead of opting for those store brand packets and mixing in sour cream. Those are typically high in sodium and fat...and that’s not even including what’s in the sour cream. The original recipe calls for you to use 1 tbsp for every cup of greek yogurt but I recommend to season your yogurt to taste with the seasoning mix. **The measurements below make much more seasoning mix than what you’ll use in the dip recipe.

Ranch Seasoning Mix:
  • 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
  • 1 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • 2 tsp. dried onion flakes
  • 1 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp. dried chives
  • 1 tsp. salt
Directions:

  1. For every cup of greek yogurt mix in 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix. Season to taste!
  2. Garnish with fresh chives or green onion.
To make this recipe into a dressing simply add the seasoning mix and combine with buttermilk!


Be sure to follow Gimme Some Oven for many other wonderful recipe ideas to keep you healthy and full in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment