The Peony Project: RENEW

1.10.2015

I’m not typically one to discuss my faith, especially on my blog. It’s not about being ashamed or afraid to talk about it, rather it’s because it’s so personal to me and sometimes it comes down to not having anyone to really discuss it with. Don’t get me wrong, I love having in-depth conversations with my husband but sometimes a girl just needs the fellowship of other women sometimes. Another aspect of blogging that I love so much is that I’ve recently discovered that there are entire faith-based communities out there and I am so happy to have found Heavens to Betsy and became a member of  The Peony Project.




January is a time to reflect on the previous year and evaluate myself both inside and out. Really dig deep and see what needs improvement and renewal. Thus January’s Peony Project linkup prompt: RENEWAL. Now, I’m not going to create a list and attempt to describe and share all the ways in which I would like to improve in 2015. Rather, it is this quote from scripture that will help keep me steady and on track throughout all of my goals this year.


So, what does this mean to me? I find that it is really easy to slip into allowing our lives to control who we are and the values we hold. I am no different and it is because I know this I find it extremely important to rely on God to give me the strength to overcome these worldly obstacles. I can give in to my own temptations, be judgmental, or just want to do what is convenient for me at times. However, this way of living does nothing for me and I find myself becoming more distant from God. I’ve been there before and I hope to never know that feeling again.

This year, in 2015, my goal is to rely on God to renew my heart and to renew His spirit in me. I know that through Him I can overcome anything this world may throw at me and I don’t know about you, but it’s not too bad to have Him on your side. I know that this year will be filled with amazing highs and lows and I pray that I give Him praise for those moments of highs and be able to keep an open heart during those lows.

How do you plan to RENEW in the new year? Be sure to join and linkup with The Peony Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment