Blogging For Books: The Best New Way to Find New Books

5.02.2015

My summer reading list is always something I look forward to as we approach this coveted upcoming season. Every year it’s different; with new authors, titles, and story lines. I would consider myself an all-over reader, however, I just love a good suspenseful story with engaging characters and an author who can make me disappear into their world.


With that being said, I had discovered Blogging for Books through Kiki over at In It’s Time when she had posted her reviews. I had never heard of this service before and and immediately clicked over to see what it was all about. It’s simple: you find a book you’re interested in reading, they send it to you via hardcopy or digital, you receive it, review it, blog about it, and done! You share your review and you’re off to picking your next book. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. 
All opinions expressed are 100% my own.

The book I selected for my first review was called The Divorce Papers by Susan Rieger. 
via
What lead me to this book?
I was intrigued by the plot and was surprised by the unique way in which the story is told: through letters, correspondence, memos, emails, etc. It’s almost like reading a diary and I found that to be an interesting approach to tell a story. 

What is the plot?
Twenty-something Sophie is an associate at a New England based law firm and has taken on a major divorce case involving the daughter of the firm’s most important client. Throughout the story you are right there through Sophie’s perspective as she navigates this case and eventually learns to come into her own. 

Would I recommend it?
Unfortunately I had a difficult time understanding the legal jargon and Sophie was a bit of a flat character for me, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this to others. Unless you are fascinated with law driven plots and can understand legal talk, this book might not be for you.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed with The Divorce Papers but then again that’s the fun of reading! I discovered a new book and author and you can’t get better than that. I can’t wait to select my next book!

What titles have struck your interest? Please share them in the comments ;)


3 comments:

  1. I am waiting on book #3 for me. I have gotten a cookbook, and a really good book called Living with Intent. Its like my favorite day when these appear on my doorstep. I am still plowing my way through my other books too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Living with Intent book and it looked interesting! I must check it out next time...this time around I selected a vegan cookbook and I’m excited to try some new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I will wait for your review and check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete