Slim Down Saturday + Linkup {5.23}

5.23.2015

It’s Saturday and it’s time to join me and other bloggers for week two of Slim Down Saturday! This week I saw some results from snacking on more fruits and veggies and even noticed that I’m feeling fuller faster! I’m trying to average about losing two pounds a week in order to make my goal weight within the three month time frame and I’m happy to have almost done that!

Let’s get rolling on week two...


The Results Week Two

Ultimate Goal
My ultimate goal is to reach my goal weight, which is to lose about 40 lbs.

Gain/Loss From the Week
- 1.6 lbs

Total Loss Since Starting
- 4.4 lbs

Positives From the Week
My first cheat day was a spicy chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a and I have no shame whatsoever. Like I said before, it’s important to have cheat meals during your week because it reminds you that food is satisfying and should be something you love. And boy do I love me some chicken sandwiches. And that sauce...I could drink it. #realtalk

Another positive is when I do dine out I am drinking more water and limiting my wine consumption to one glass (I know, what’s the fun in that?!). I find myself making more health conscious choices which dining out, which is a major improvement.

Things to Work On
I did skip one of my workout days due to being tired from work and commuting. This is something I need to be sure I stick to throughout the week no matter how tired I feel. Being active has definitely helped me burn some extra calories and allows me to enjoy my cheat meals.

One Goal For Next Week
Not to eat out as much. Although we meal planned for the week, we ended up eating some of the meals for lunch over the weekend. This left holes in our menu and was left open for dining out (we did eat sushi one night which was a low-point meal). Week 3 I want to limit our dining out nights to once a week or not at all if possible.

Motivator
One motivation from this week has been being able to notice my clothes beginning to fit a little looser. There’s no greater feeling than your jeans feeling a little less snug and being able to feel confidant in your clothes.

Tip or Trick
via
Grapefruit juice has been proven to aide in burning fat around your midsection and is great for your overall health. I’ve been drinking one 8 oz. glass a day and have seen a difference in my waist even after a week! Just be careful of fruit juices and their sugar content. I love Trader Joe’s grapefruit juice because it’s 100% grapefruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment