You Probably Don’t Know

6.18.2015

Hi! Today I’m stopping by for a quick moment to share with you some things you may not know about me. It’s hard sometimes to really get to know a blogger simply by reading their posts and following them along on social media. However, I’m sure you could gather a lot about me on my Instagram alone. If you have no idea what I’m talking about you can follow along here.

Helene In Between is one of my favorite blogs to read because she writes to the point, her posts read as if you’re having a conversation with here face-to-face, and her posts tend to be very thought provoking or just plain fun. Today she’s hosting a linkup where you can share a little bit about yourself - things you probably didn’t know.

Helene in Between

If you’re looking to really get to know more about me, be sure to check back in July when I co-host with Kiki over at In Its Time for The Circle linkup for the July post theme of blogger introductions. To find out more on how to join you can find that here and be sure to join in for June’s prompt: Summer Staples (see my summer essentials here).

Things you probably didn’t know about me...
+ My favorite coffee is an iced caramel macchiato

+ Christmas is by far my most favorite holiday ever. Like, I’m the one wanting to decorate in October and have no shame in my excitement when Target begins putting up Christmas decorations in the summer. The husband tells me I have to wait until after Thanksgiving...boo...

+ I am a foodie, which is a nice way of explaining to people that I’m a fat kid who loves anything about food.

+ I am a home cook. Nothing fancy or special but I’ve fallen in love with finding new recipes and sharing them.

+ I come from a blended family. I have three half-sisters and one half-brother. I’m also the baby of the family...and an ‘oops baby.’

+ I am a fan of exclamation points!

+ I’m obsessed with the Real Housewives and pretty much anything that airs on Bravo. Andy Cohen is a brilliant man.

+ My favorite reading genre is fiction and specifically a good crime mystery. I also love anything Dan Brown.

+ I have a masters in elementary education and a minor in U.S. History and am the biggest history nerd on the planet. I also taught back in VA for three years.

+ I took ASL (American Sign Language) in high school as my foreign language. I eavesdrop on deaf conversations.

+ I got married on June 28, 2014 in Las Vegas.

+ I am learning about wine making by pouring with my husband at a tasting room in Los Olivos. This began as me just being supportive of my husband’s interests, but turned into something really fun and interesting and something we can share together!

+ I love scarves. They’re practically the best accessory in my opinion.

+ I have a secret desire to leave my job and start my own food truck. The movie Chef didn’t help.


Thanks for stopping by! What are some things about you that someone may not know simply by following your blog?

Also...
Be sure to stop by tomorrow to catch up with me when I share my top five moments from my recent vacation to Hawaii for my Five Things Friday linkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment