Dusting off some cobwebs...

8.18.2015

Hello and look who is dusting off some cobwebs around here. I know, I know, it’s been long overdue to get on here and share with you all what the hell has been keeping me so busy and away from this here little blog of mine. I promise it’s not all that exciting, but yet very exciting all at the same time.


I know, that doesn’t really explain much does it? Well, there are multiple reasons I’ve been away from the blog.

One of which just happens to be an overall feeling of uninsipiration (insert made-up word) to write. I never knew this was something that was going to last longer than just a few days and yet it somehow turned into months. I’ve been uninspired before and I realize it comes with the territory of writing a blog. I mean, thousands of others are doing the exact same and it slowly becomes an inner monologue with myself about whether or not what I have to say is all that relevant. I mean, there are hundreds of thousands of blog posts daily, almost an over-saturation of sorts, and every now and then I debate whether or not to hit the publish button. For more on my feelings about such a topic, read my post about Blogging: How We've Lost Sight & 3 Ways to Regain It.

Two, I’m currently experiencing a season of life where I find it is more important to get out from behind the screen of my laptop and cell phone and truly be present. When you begin blogging, just like with anything new, you dive right in. You’re spending hours customizing, adding, or sprucing up your sidebar, scheduling in your blog planner posts and post ideas, and reading/commenting on other blogs. Once you finish making your blog just the way you want it (meaning hours of learning HTML codes on YouTube and tutorials and finally figuring out how to get that darn plug-in to work properly), you spend another few hours crafting your posts, pre-scheduling them out on all your social media outlets, and not forgetting that perfect Instagram shot. I mean, seriously. If you were to clock in all of those hours how much of your life are you missing by not being present in it? Needless to say, I was happy for a bit of a break and I’m not ashamed of it (even if that means I’ve lost page views).

And third, well this is one I can’t quite share just yet. Overall, my absence from the blog has been for a good reason and I cannot wait to share what I’ve been up to all these months! Just another week or so and it will be ready to reveal so stay tuned....you know, if you want ;)

I do plan to get back into the swing of things around here, but be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram as that’s where I’ve been most active lately. See you around soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment